Friday, July 18, 2008

Week 3


I haven't had the best results. This week, I gained 0.4 pounds. I spoke to a nutrition counselor and she assured me that I didn't gain any fat. There's no way I could with the work out schedule I've been maintaining. She looked over my food journal, which I've been keeping meticulously, and said that she is impressed. She thinks I might not be eating enough. I can hardly believe that!! I've added in some classes more and more which makes the work-outs fun and mixes up the different muscles I use. This week I went to the Dance Jam in the evening and then followed it up with a fusion class which uses Tai Chi. Trust me, I can still feel the sore in my muscles now 2 days later. The counselor recommended the cycling class, which I will try next week. I'll let you know. This obviously is a mental battle as well as a physical battle. After putting in so much hard work and not getting any results is difficult to keep going. I don't think I've even lost any inches; my clothes feel the same when I put them on. Lorrie and I are about ready to throw in the "sweaty towel" since we aren't getting any type of noticeable results. But, we get lots of encouragement from family. James, my brother-in-law, is always so positive and has lots of good words of support to keep me going.

2 comments:

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm staying updated thanks to the blog. I apologize for not writing sooner to congratulate you--we went to Florida to see my dad and stayed a week. We're home again and catching up on everything. Tonight we're going to see Glenn Beck downtown--are we conservatives or what?!!? The health promoter in me is thrilled to know of your new commitment! Keep up the great work. Right now you are showing faith--the results are coming your way! Hugs...

Anonymous said...

GO AMY GO...you will do it because you are you and I believe you succeed at everything else you attempt! I'm proud of you. (My Dad still works out 3 mornings a week - at age 72. He sets the example for me.)

And P.S. David is trying to give away some more of his cats.