Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week 2

Week 2 has come and gone and still the weight loss continues to go slowly. I am very surprised at how hard losing weight really is. The good news is, I lost 1 more pound than last week, but that isn't saying much. My goals are out the window as to how much weight I was going to lose over this 6 week period. The good news is that I am feeling much stronger and more confident. I am definitely feeling muscles that I never knew I had before. I attended a dance jam class at the gym and had a great time. It was fun and worked the total body. I will definitely attend this class again. I went to this barbell class that literally kicked my butt. It was the hardest class ever and every muscle in my body hurt; for days after too. My sister, Wendi, recommended the class and I left the gym and went strait to her house and gave her a piece of my mind. I don't know if I'll take that class again, maybe when I'm stronger.

For our "challenge hike" this week, we hiked up to Ensign Peak. It is a short, steep hike with an amazing view at the top. They have a little plaza at the base of the trail with informative plaques describing why this peak is important to Utah history. I learned that the monument atop the peak is 18.47 feet tall, in memory of the year 1847. As we were hiking up, a young men's group came. They were from Las Vegas and some of the boys had attended Brinley Middle School (the school I teach at). It was fun to talk with them and their leaders. The stake president gave a little talk at the top of the peak and they invited us to join. It was a fun day. I enjoy hiking and am glad I have the opportunity to go while I'm here in Utah.

No comments: