Sunday, July 6, 2008

Week 1 of Biggest Loser

Well, after one week, this is where I'm at. Not much of a change except I feel better and stronger. Not much weight came off, but some did. It was very disheartening that I didn't lose more weight for the first week. It was very difficult to keep on going and I'm trying to have faith in this process. You see so many different lose weight quickly programs and you want it so bad. But eating right and exercising is the best way to do it. We've been to the gym 6 days doing treadmill, weights, bike, and swimming. We're usually working out between 1.5-2 hours each day. Hopefully, next week I'll have better news and have higher spirits.



We had a temptation this week, called life. We decided that our temptation for the week would be if we could eat right during all the BBQ's around the 4th of July. I had a BBQ on the 3rd with my high school friends (Dan & Jen, Debbie & Mike, Lorrie & Scott, and Kristen). Then there was a parade and BBQ in the morning and another BBQ in the evening with fireworks. There was so much good food, but I was strong. I didn't have any of the salads with mayo dressings (which was all of them), no chips & dip, no baked beans, no desserts, no soda, . . . nothing. I had hamburger with one bun loaded with lettuce and tomato, fresh fruit and vegetables and water. I tried to stay out of the kitchen to remove myself from the temptation of all my favorite foods. So overall, I'm pretty impressed with myself.



Our challenge for the week was to hike up Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon. You can see how it got its name, the water runs right into this hole and comes out a little bit further down. It was so much fun! Lorrie brought her whole family up with her, which made it even more fun (or funner as Alex would say). There's a little bridge that crosses the river, and Alex (Lorrie's daughter) was trying to get on the bridge through the water. Needless to say, she fell in. The water is quite cold from all the snow run-off and is quite high. Lorrie ran towards her and lifted her out single-handedly (it must be all the working out at the gym). Alex was soaking wet and quite scared.


We then, after being invigorated by the hike, decided to go up to Brighton and walk around Silver Lake. They have a boardwalk around the lake and it's just a short mile around. We ran into a small family at both places and they mentioned going over Guardsman Pass. It was a beautiful day and just perfect for a little adventure. Once over the top, we headed into Park City and drove thru Historic Main Street and stopped for lunch. Then down Parley's Canyon to Salt Lake. It was a wonderful morning of hiking and sight-seeing.

2 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

You go girl! I haven't lost weight since Feb, but I haven't gained anything either so that's nice. I eat like a pig. This breast feeding thing has me starving all day. I'm not sure if breast feeding is cheaper than formula since I eat so much. ;) I lost all the baby weight plus like maybe 3 pounds but I still had 15 pounds to lost before I got pregnant. ;) I should start your challenge

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

Amy I love the biggest loser too. I think that it is amazing the changes that happen. Especailly all natural with diet and exersize. Hopfully it is one of those things that get easier as you go. Like your friend AnnaLee said, I also eat a ton with breatfeeding, so I'm sure when I stop it may be hard to not eat so much foon!!!