Friday, January 23, 2009

New Years Resolutions

It's still January. . . It's not too late to say my resolutions, is it?

After seeing fine examples from Gary & Ashley and Mom & Bob, I've decided to join their ranks of one who recycles and lives greener. Although I don't produce a lot of waste, I still can do better. And lo and behold it was actually easier than I really understood. Apparantly I've had these containers the whole time that I've lived in this new condo (since last March). I never knew what these multi-colored bins were for. They were outside in the back turned upside down and backwards. I just thought they were garbage. But then I saw these bins outside every Friday infront of my neighbors houses. But it wasn't until Jackie showed me hers that it clicked that that's what they were. So, I dusted them off and put them right-side up in my garage and now can use them as intended. I now recycle cans, plastic, magazines and glass. And even better I just put it out on my curb on Fridays and they pick it up for me. I love when cities support the cause. I also decided to buy a Brita filter system. So now I use my own bottle (from Yosemite NP) and take that to work with me. When it's hot, I can drink 32 oz before lunch at 11:45 and then another 32 oz before dinner. However, the water at school doesn't taste anywhere as good. When it's not as warm, I'm lucky to get down 32 oz a day. I know I need more water and it's a daily quest. These are just a few of the things that I'm trying this year. I constantly look for easy things that I can incorporate into my simple life. So, if you have any ideas that work for you, let me know so I can try them in my house.

No comments: