Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Refinishing my Dresser

Here's a little slide show of my little project I've been working on for the past 2 days. Since I had such good results from my last refinishing project, I thought I'd try my hand at it again. This old dresser was the eye-sore of my bedroom and needed to be fixed. I had left over stain and top coat from the vanity, so I was off to a great start already. All I needed was more sandpaper and hardware. I got the same brushed copper knobs as my vanity to tie the two pieces together. I was able to borrow a hand sander from Cami; she's in my ward. It's amazing how much time and enegery that little sander saved me. My whole garage was covered in dust, including me! As I was staining, I found a sticker located on the inside of a drawer that read "Property of William Tingey". I never knew this dresser belonged to Grandma & Grandpa Tingey. Now I'm really glad I didn't just get rid of it and get something new. It's amazing what you learn by turning something old into something new again. Maybe it's the whole refinishing process or rebirth that strikes a chord with the soul.








4 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

it's beautiful! you are so talented, you amaze me. I see you got an SUV you've been wanting!

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

Nice Job on the Dresser! Good Job, It's always fun to do things like that, especailly once it's done! Thanks for finding my blog, for sure we can keep in contact now!! Yea!

Anonymous said...

Good job! I've found the black paint around here too. It is so fun to update stuff at a fraction of the cost. (And, I still love how Grandma labeled everything - books, pictures and I guess furnature too? I guess that is why I put tags on light switches too?)

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

Great job with the dresser! And when do you sleep, Martha Stewart?!!?