Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Friends for Dinner

Last night, I invited the Mainz's over for dinner. We had such a fun time together. It's nice to have good friends around. Part of the fun was cooking. As you know, I love to cook and it had been so long since I put on a whole meal. I sort of went out of control, as you'll see. I wanted to make the weekend dinner in the June issue of Food Magazine from Martha. So, I started the rosemary fried chicken. Well, it had to soak in buttermilk and I had extra buttermilk and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I made buttermilk biscuits. I made this celery pasta salad and a fresh tomato salad with lemon-parsley dressing. I had some fresh fruit (strawberries, pinapple, honeydew and bannanas) and so I made that yummy fruit dip to go with it. Oh, and I wanted to make the mint lemonade, so I did (hand squeezed). Then for dessert we had a coconut-pineapple loaf cake with lemon sherbet. After dinner, we watched an episode of Big Bang Theory, which they've never seen. Liz brought a Scene It game which I've never played and came in second, with a few hints. You, my friend, are a winner! All in all, it was a wonderful evening and thought I'd share. I should have taken a picture so you could meet my friends and see my dinner, but I'm still new at this blogging and forgot. So, you'll just have to read about it and imagine it in your mind.

1 comment:

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

I wish we were there to break bread together! The meal sounds yummy!