Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tutrlehead Hike


Saturday was our November hike with the Bruin Trailblazers. We actually split up into two groups to accommodate the different skill levels in our group. I should have chosen the other hike!! I went on the Turtlehead hike, which is a very difficult hike (in my opinion). The trail is not clearly marked, basically just climb up where ever you want. Of course you have to go over giant boulders, around hills, and through washes to even think about climbing to the top. The bottom right picture shows the peak Turtlehead and you can see where it gets its name from. I didn't make it to the top, but got a good portion of the way up. And it was even more difficult coming down. That's where your whole body gets a work out because you have to use your arms, hands, and bottom to fall down (oh I mean get down) the mountain. Needless to say, I am sore from this hike. I haven't been working out as faithfully as I did in the summer, and boy are my muscels screaming at me now!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

looks like you all had a great time, maybe i'll go one of these days.